Tearing along the East Coast Main Line, Tornado heads for the ‘ton’ – Robin Coombes
Tornado’s busy main line and heritage railway diary for the first half of 2017 can be seen below or you can view/download the Tour Guide here:
Sunday 2nd July – ‘The Torbay Express’ – Bristol to Kingswear and return – Torbay Express
Sunday 23rd July – ‘The Torbay Express’ – Bristol to Kingswear and return – Torbay Express
- Saturday 5th August – ‘The Towy Tornado’ – Eastleigh to Carmarthen and return – Pathfinder Tours
- Monday 28th August – ‘The Easterling’ – London King’s Cross to Great Yarmouth – A1SLT promoted tour- bookings through UK Railtours
- Wednesday 6th September – ‘Belmond British Pullman’ – London to Bristol (return with No. 35028 Clan Line) – Belmond British Pullman
- Sunday 10th september – ‘The Torbay Express’ – Bristol to Kingswear and return – Torbay Express
Saturday 16th September – ‘The Border Raider’ – Birmingham for the Settle & Carlisle Railway – A1SLT promoted tour – bookings through UK Railtours
- Saturday 23rd – Sunday 24th September – Barrow Hill Roundhouse ‘Pacific Power’ weekend
Saturday 7th October – ‘The Tees-Tyne Express’ – Dorridge to Newcastle and return – A1SLT promoted tour – bookings through UK Railtours
The Trust respectfully requests that anyone wanting to see Tornado follows the rules of the railway and only goes where permitted.
This website tells the story of Tornado’s construction, an amazing tale of cooperation, skill and sheer hard graft which defied the critics who said it could never be done. The A1 Trust has over 2500 regular supporters (covenantors) who have all played some part, small or large, in guaranteeing that we have steam on the main line in the 21st Century.
Tornado is now fulfilling the dream, hauling specials on the mainline and giving joy to thousands of passengers and linesiders who want to witness the legend in action. You can be part of this by travelling with us or by becoming a covenantor, helping us to raise the funds to keep the dream alive.