Please keep an eye on this page for the annual diary of Tornado’s 2018 main line tours. More details will be published on this website as more trains are finalised.
The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust is proud that Tornado will continue to be operated on the Network Rail main line by DB Cargo, which has worked successfully with the Trust since the locomotive’s completion in 2008.
You can download the 2018 Tour Guide here.
- Saturday 21st July – ‘The Talisman’ – London to Durham (Option: Beamish) and Newcastle. Return journey with Deltic diesel locomotive D9009 Alycidon – POSTPONED
- Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th July – 10th Anniversary Party – Darlington
- Sunday 29th July – Yorkshire Circulars – Tornado Tenth Anniversary specials – CANCELLED
- Wednesday 1st August – ‘The Mad Hatter’ – 10th anniversary train – Darlington, York and Wakefield to Chester – POSTPONED
- Saturday 11th August – ‘The Settle & Carlisle Golden Tour I’ – Bristol to Appleby via Carlisle – TO BE HAULED BY ANOTHER LOCOMOTIVE – Pathfinder Tours
- Wednesday 15th August – ‘The Settle & Carlisle Golden Tour II’ – Didcot to Appleby, return via Carlisle – TO BE HAULED BY ANOTHER LOCOMOTIVE – Pathfinder Tours
- Saturday 18th August – ‘The Bard of Avon’ – Manchester Piccadilly to Stratford-upon-Avon – TO BE HAULED BY ANOTHER LOCOMOTIVE –bookings through UK Railtours
- RE-SCHEDULED – Bank Holiday Monday 27th August – ‘The Canterbury Tale’ – Peterborough, St. Neots, Stevenage, Potters Bar and Finsbury Park to Canterbury and Dover Coast – – bookings through UK Railtours
- NEW – Saturday 8th September – ‘The Devonian’ – Birmingham to Plymouth and return (Tornado Bristol – Plymouth – Birmingham) – bookings through UK Railtours
- RE-SCHEDULED – Saturday 29th September – ‘The Ynys Mon Express’ – East Midlands and North Staffordshire stations to North Wales Coast (Option: Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway) – bookings through UK Railtours
- NEW – Sunday 7th October – ‘The Auld Reekie’ – Doncaster & York to Edinburgh and return – bookings through UK Railtours
- Saturday 13th October – A1/P2 Convention – Darlington
- NEW – Saturday 1st December – ‘The Christmas Border Raider’ – West Midlands to Carlisle via the Settle & Carlisle Railway and return – bookings through UK Railtours
- NEW – Saturday 9th February – ‘The North Briton’ – East Midlands to Carlisle via the Settle & Carlisle Railway and return – bookings through UK Railtours
The Trust respectfully requests that anyone wanting to see Tornado follows the rules of the railway and only goes where permitted.