Please keep an eye on this page for the annual diary of Tornado’s 2018 main line tours. More details will be published on this website as more trains are finalised.
The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust is proud that Tornado will continue to be operated on the Network Rail main line by DB Cargo, which has worked successfully with the Trust since the locomotive’s completion in 2008.
You can download the 2018 Tour Guide here.
- CANCELLED – Bank Holiday Monday 27th August – ‘The Canterbury Tale’ – Peterborough, St. Neots, Stevenage, Potters Bar and Finsbury Park to Canterbury and Dover Coast
- RE-SCHEDULED – Saturday 15th September – ‘The Talisman’ – London to Newcastle – steam leg hauled by No. 60009 Union of South Africa – bookings through UK Railtours
- RE-SCHEDULED – Saturday 29th September – ‘The Ynys Mon Express’ – East Midlands and North Staffordshire stations to North Wales Coast (Option: Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway) – bookings through UK Railtours
- RE-SCHEDULED – Wednesday 3rd October – ‘The Settle & Carlisle Golden Express II’ – Didcot and stations to Crewe and return via the Settle & Carlisle – bookings through Pathfinder Tours
- NEW – Sunday 7th October – ‘The Auld Reekie’ – Doncaster & York to Edinburgh and return – bookings through UK Railtours
- Saturday 13th October – A1/P2 Convention – Darlington
- NEW – Saturday 1st December – ‘The Christmas Border Raider’ – West Midlands to Carlisle via the Settle & Carlisle Railway and return – bookings through UK Railtours
- NEW – Saturday 9th February – ‘The North Briton’ – East Midlands to Carlisle via the Settle & Carlisle Railway and return – bookings through UK Railtours
The Trust respectfully requests that anyone wanting to see Tornado follows the rules of the railway and only goes where permitted.