Please keep an eye on this page for the annual diary of Tornado’s 2019 main line tours. More details will be published on this website as more trains are finalised. Please note that bookings are through the agent listed for the tour or through Tornado Railtours – either via the website link for the selected tour or by contacting our railtour office. The Tornado Railtours booking office is open 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 09:00 – 16:00 on Fridays – ‘phone 01325 488215 to make a booking. Website bookings are 24 hour of course.
Tornado operates on the national network with West Coast Railways and DB Cargo.
- Saturday 31st August – ‘The Aberdonian’ – Edinburgh to Aberdeen and return – bookings through Tornado Railtours
- Saturday 7th September – ‘The Aberdonian’ – Edinburgh to Aberdeen and return – bookings through Tornado Railtours
- Saturday 28th September – ‘The North Briton’ – London and East Coast stations to Carlisle via the Settle and Carlisle Railway and return (re-scheduled from 17th August) – bookings through Tornado Railtours
- Saturday 5th October – ‘The Pennine Explorer’ – Leicester to Carlisle via the Settle and Carlisle Railway and return with pick ups at Loughborough, Derby, Chesterfield and Sheffield – bookings through Tornado Railtours
- Saturday 2nd November – ‘The Illuminati’ – West Midlands to Blackpool Illuminations – bookings through Tornado Railtours
- Saturday 7th December – ‘The Christmas Bath and Bristol Express’ – West Midlands to Bath and Bristol Christmas Markets – bookings through Tornado Railtours
- Sunday 8th December – London to Lincoln Christmas Market – bookings through Steam Dreams
- Saturday 14th December – ‘The Tynesider’ – London to Newcastle and return (Tornado from London to York and return, Union of South Africa from York to Newcastle and return) – bookings through The Railway Touring Company
The Trust respectfully requests that anyone wanting to see Tornado follows the rules of the railway and only goes where permitted.