Open Days at Darlington Locomotive Works - Online booking system
We are re-opening the works to the public on the first and third Saturday of each month via the pre-booking system below. The next open days will be Saturdays 3rd
- There are nine bookable slots – on the hour and the half hour, so the first is at 11:00hrs; then 11:30hrs and so on - the last slot is at 15:00hrs.
- To open in alignment with current Government guidance, we have made each slot 55 minutes long
- Please arrive within the first five minutes of your time slot so that visitors in the slot before yours can leave the works and remain six feet (two metres) apart
- The slots are for a social group of a maximum of six, with the lead booker providing their contact details for the booking. On arrival at DLW, all visitors will need to sign in
- Please arrive at the front door of DLW on Hopetown Lane and wait for our volunteer guide to welcome you and your party
- The visitor experience will include a short video of the progress to date, a guided walk around the engine, then the opportunity for you to discover the various ways you can support No. 2007 Prince of Wales
- Hand washing and toilet facilities are available, and social distancing is possible in the works.
- As we are an indoor venue, current Government guidance requires the wearing of a face covering/ mask unless you have an exemption.
- If you have had contact with anyone infected with Covid-19 or feel unwell, please do not visit Darlington Locomotive Works
- If you need to cancel your booking, please call the office on 01325 460163 so that the slot can be made available for other visitors
- Until the Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted we will not be able to admit speculative visits and entry via the Head of Steam museum will not be possible.
If you are unable to book a slot on your preferred date or the time, please do not be disheartened as we are attempting to allocate access to Works as fairly as possible for all visitors. Please also remember that booking slots are non-transferable, so think carefully before choosing the date and time of your visit. PLEASE NOTE: It can take up to 24 hours to receive your booking confirmation email. Some confirmation emails may fall into spam folders, please check before you visit.
Thank you again for your understanding during this time. To book your visit slots, please click the link below:
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, we are reviewing all of our activities on a frequent basis to protect everyone involved with the Trust and to secure our long-term future. Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook pages for updates, call 01325 460163 (Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.